Good evening, I developed a large hydro oil leak under my cab on the right side. I raised my cab and cannot see any visible leaks but can see oil in lower pan area. It has the german aircooled engine and 1200 hours and have owned it since new.
Could be any number of things sig, failed hydraulic hose (as there's a bunch of them in there), failed o-ring on a flange connection or manifold, or a very common problem for leak on right side is leaking main control valve spool seals. If it's really cruddy inside the belly of the machine, sometimes you have to give it a good pressure washing to find where the oil is coming from. On the other hand, if it's really dirty/dusty inside the belly, sometimes a heavy leak will wash a clean spot indicating the area the leak is coming from.
Thanks Willie59. I've been able to fix most things myself but this one sounds technical. I work in Neurology full time so I will be hauling it in to my dealer Monday morning. Have a good weekend!
Got that sig. BTW, that T200, without me knowing the details of how long you've had it, what the service/repair history is, and the hours of the machine accumulated since the aforementioned things, you might want to get the dealer to replace the engine timing belt. When that Deutz engine in that thing gets around 2000 to 3000 hrs you need to replace that timing belt. If it turns loose, things go south quickly.
Oh, and if your hydraulic leak turns out to be from the main control valve spool seals be prepared for 8 to 12 hrs labor, dealers typically remove the entire valve assembly to do that repair. Me, I repair those seals with the valve installed in the machine, typically about 3 to 5 hrs. But that's just me.
i'd rather take a beating than pull a control valve...:badidea :drinkup
Ditto! IMHO, removing the control valve "IS" taking a beating.
OMG! Now after these posts im getting worried. My buddy baught the machine for me to use when I workded for his tree service so all the hours (1300) are my hours on the machine I purchased it from him at 600 hours. I change the oil and filters every 100 hours and grease all zerks regularly. A few years ago while excavating a spot for my garage the right drive went out and and was able to limp onto my trailer to haul in. the Dealer put on a different style of drive for $1600 as a new bobcat one was 4-5000 if i remember correctly as they said it was a weak spot in design. Its been a good machine otherwise. Timing Belt will be checked out while at the dealer.
Hi I just wanted to give an update on my T-200 hydro leak. It took awhile as it had to wait in line to get fixed. They removed right side steering panel and right drive lines. Then replaced spools and spool seals and springs and ball on detent, greased springs on spools reinstalled with new caps on bonnets. They did a complete inspection of belts, replaced case drain filter, checked and replaced final drive oil with the good stuff and did some other odds and ends. The cost was $632.00. I was very happy and relieved.
That's a helluva deal for the work involved sig, good to hear you got it all fixed up. :drinkup