Hi all ! My first post,I am looking at buying a Cat 226b skid steer, it hasn't been run for five months.The owner is unable to get any electrical up to the dash area /key.I live 6hrs away from the machine ,so I loaded up tools and made a run down to try and trouble shoot.Heres what I found ,battery is good ,12v thru 80amp resettable breaker ,12v thru to a 4in long solenoid,to one side,and that's it ! .That solenoid is not being triggered ,if I jump the solenoid,the dash lights up .So I am hunting for what triggers that solenoid?I have a couple of guesses,seat belt sw,safety bar etc?I f I purchase this machine ,I will hunt down a good service manual,but not ready to spring for one at this time .I have googled this problem 50ways, but get led in circles with the same answers . Does anyone have a suggestion on service manuals ? I apologize if this topic has been covered and I have not sought it out !
The key switch triggers it. It will have it's own fuse, marked with a profile outline of a key. Before searching for a fuse, rather than jumping the main poles (large red to large purple), instead, jumper the trigger (large red to small yellow). If that works, the fuse is suspect. If that doesn't work, the main power relay is suspect.
If an electrical schematic would be of any use to you - post a Serial Number and I can send you one.
cat0226bkmjh03857 would be a massive help if u had one of these or for this srry cheers
Check your message inbox.