Before buying a replacement hydraulic fan motor for a 2001 CAT 262 skid steer (serial number CED00263), I just wanted to find out if anybody knows if there is a rebuild kit available for hydraulic fan part number 169-6700. I took this motor off today and found motor number 169-6700 instead of 216-6163. CAT SIS shows 216-6163 to be the replacement motor number for the 262 hydraulic fan motor. I have attached pictures of the motor to allow better clarity of the condition of the parts. I saw the thread from the link listed below and realize I am probably out of luck trying to find a seal rebuild kit for my existing motor but thought I would take a chance and ask. Like the original poster from April 22, 2020 link, I need the figure 8 gaskets also. Cat 246 skidsteer-replacing top seal on hydrolic fan motor. so i recently found out about this forum via google search. and i found out that the seal atop the cooling fan motor could be replaced. i have a cat 246 and we were having a problem with the fan motor spraying oil all over the place when it reached a certain temperature. once pinpointed i did a... HeavyEquipmentForums A new replacement motor (216-6163) from Caterpillar is about $900. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sorry I don't have any good news for you. 1. There are no internal serviceable parts for the 169-6700 fan motor. 2. The 169-6700 motor changed to 216-6163 in Dec 2001, about 6 months after your machine was manufactured. 3. There are no internal serviceable parts for the 216-6163 fan motor either. The only hope would be for someone to recognize it as a Rexroth or similar and maybe get parts from the motor manufacturer, because despite the Cat tag it was not made by them.
Thank you, Nige.