How do I remove the engine mounts?
You mean these.?
serial#CAT03045CWAK01044 I have the mounts loose, but can't figure out how to raise the engine up high enough to get the mounts out of the frame? Do I need to unhook the hydraulic pump from the engine in order to get it up high enough?
Also, yes, the diagram you sent is right. Thank you.
I would have thought that the two rear ones you could possibly remove the 4 small bolts on each L-shaped plate and slide the plate out of the way. The front one looks like the engine will have to go straight upwards until the resilient mount clears the crossmember and can be slid out sideways. How are you supporting the engine while you do all of this.?
I am using a couple of 2x6 boards and a jack to raise it . It is out on my land and trying to replace them there. Only one front and one rear need replacing and they are at the rear of machine. Can raise engine but it is about 1/2 inch short of being high enough to get lower part of mount out.
You're there and can see the challenges that it is difficult to see remotely. The procedure to remove the engine gives a list of components (including the combined pump assemblies) that must be removed before the engine can be taken out. So maybe the possibility exists that by removing the pump you can lift the engine the necessary 1/2" more that you need to replace the mounts.
Are you just replacing the rubbers? The top rubber is held on by the top plate and bolt so if you remove that and jack it up as much as you can it doesn't take much height to get the bottom rubber out, then replace the bottom rubber, lower it down, replace top rubber/plate/bolt. I have done it before on a 303.5 and it's a pain in the ass. Edit: Sorry that may not be applicable here as it looks to be a one piece mount.