Good Morning All, Thank You in advance to any and all that might be able to assist. I am brand new to the site and forum. My name is Nick, located in Rochester NH. Seeking an exploded view diagram for the final drives on this unit. PN 148-4570. The local Cat dealers site did allow me to find a diagram with PN's, however it does not show the assembly separated, or at least I was unable to locate it. I have looked elsewhere online, but have not found it yet. I am not in the construction business or the like. I have a sizable piece of property and recently acquired this 2001 Cat 315bl to work around the property. The unit needs some final drive work. One side (L) needs rebuilding, bearings, seals, gears and shaft/s as it encountered a bearing failure, ultimately chipping up the gears and shafts/s. The other side(R) needs re sealing of at least the hydraulic motor to the planetary side - as the unit is getting hydraulic oil into the gear side. When it gets to a full level, the hydraulic pump pressure will push the oil out behind the sprocket at the main duo (?) seal. Otherwise the main seal is not leaking if the level is drained down. Any insight and/or suggestions regarding parts, where to look?- used verse new would be appreciated. Thank You, Nick
Serial # for this 315bl is 3AW02476
Check with H&R http://www.hrparts.com/finaldrives.html
lantraxco - Thank You for the link
Won't your cat dealer print something off for you, ours here are helpful in that way.
There may not be an exploded drawing of that drive, only cutaway?
Howdy...... I do have the assembled cut away diagram from a Cat parts book. I have been told(but I do not know this to be factual) the service manual has an exploded view, procedure, specs/tolerances etc., but I do not have one of those manuals. Wish I did! Was hopeful that perhaps someone may have read my post and might have considered posting it or e mailing me that section/page. Service manual is still available at $750.00 from the Cat dealer, (ouch!) so I can certainly appreciate and respect that my request for this info may not happen or be possible. I had also reached out to H&R about parts/diagram, unfortunately, despite the rep being great to speak with, he noted that this particular model was protected and they could only go directly to cat for any aspect of it. As such, dealing with Cat directly would make the most sense. Seems I purchased one of the odd ducks, great machine for sure but, the final drives for this one are not that common it appears. Obviously it is what it is Thank You.
Your dealer has the info. They're not allowed to give it to you, that's all. Here you go..... View attachment DnA315B3AWFD.pdf
Cmark, that's a magic reply, spot on. Your avatar made me smile too, I was lucky to have seen the first Paul Whitehouse show, brilliant!
Just like waking up on Christmas morning. I can't say thank you enough for the information, exactly what the doctor ordered. Sincerely, Nick