Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 deere 650H wont stay in neutral

hitmix300 ยท 2024-07-16 21:18

hello, something is up with the detent on the left joystick for movement. it is very difficult to keep the machine in neutral. anybody know what i need to purchase or do to repair this malfunction? thanks in advance. we are very excited to use the machine because of that nice 120" blade

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-07-17 09:41

    I sent the link to the parts catalog for the SINGLE LEVER CONTROL WITH SPEED IN GRIP. Non speed in grip control (detent wise) is the same. More than likely the spring # 45 is broken or fallen out. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/18736/referrer/navigation/pgId/1523646 . . Picture of the spring in control assembly is below .

  2. #2hitmix3002024-07-17 17:31

    Thanks alot for replying Dave, I remember your name from my 200d progressive thumb debugging. I appreciate you much. I just checked and the spring is present but by touch it feels soft. Do you think I should change it out? I don't see any cracks or pieces laying below

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-07-17 22:05

    The 3 notches in detent plate #35 contacting the small roller in detent lever #39 create the detent action. If the detent spring is in place I think you will have to take the control apart to see what the true problem is.