Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 JD 310sj

JD88 ยท 2022-12-23 13:30

What is the process to start a JD 310sj in below zero temp?

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-12-23 16:17

    Welcome to HEF, JD88 ! Does it have one the John Deere cold weather starting aid systems on it ? One of them is a block heater and the other is an ether injector.

  2. #2JD882022-12-24 18:14

    I do not know. I bought this Backhoe on auction. This is the picture of the instrument panel. I was curious if I need to hold the key ina certin position or if there is a button to push?

  3. #3Acecadet2022-12-24 19:06

    Ether injection button just below park brake on left side.

  4. #4JD882022-12-24 19:20

    Thanks, I will try that. I will also try to locate the ether can.

  5. #5Acecadet2022-12-24 19:41
  6. #6Diesel Dave2022-12-24 21:52

    Did someone put 310SJ decals on the machine before sending to the auction ? To me it looks like a low serial number 310SG. Nice fairly simple machine with mechanical fuel system. The Deere bookstore has an option to download a free copy of the operators manual. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=310Sg&pattr=p0 Merry Christmas