We have two identical 2002 S40s with Ford dual fuel. Recently one of them started acting up and it has me stumped. It will idle fine until you use one of the functions or switch it to high rpm. Then it will shut off like you hit the e-stop. No sputtering or anything. The oil safety shutoff seems fine. To make a long story short we switched the water temp sensors around from the other lift and now they are both doing this. So it seems the temp sensor is shutting it down. Can something be frying the sensors on the first machine? Is there diagnostic equipment available for these? This is getting frusterating. Any help would be much appreciated.
First thing I always check on a dual fuel Genie that's acting up is the propane/gasoline toggle switch. I've seen a lot of them cause trouble like you are discribing
I also have a problem with a genie s-40! The boom moves up very slow then will bleed down nearly as fast After you let go of the up switch. I held the boom up with my crane on my service truck capped the lines and let the pressure off my crane and the boom stays just fine. Swapped hoses with the jib function and it raises better but still drifts down! Help! TIO
I was thinking holding valves or emergency down valve. But being you swapped hoses and it made a difference im not sure now.
If the cylinder leaks down you either have a blown piston seal or a bad counterbalance valve.
Has anyone encountered an issue with the oscillating manifold or cylinders my s40 will not self level it will repeatedly cycle and rock side to side