Hello, I'm going to look at a used haul truck tomorrow and had a few questions. Since the truck is fairly old, I'm wondering where people typically source parts and find technical information for these machines. Over the years, I've been spoiled by Bobcat and John Deere, as their websites make it very easy to look up parts and service information. How do owners typically handle parts support and documentation for older haul trucks? I noticed this truck has a Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine, which I'm very familiar with, but I'm not sure what transmission it has or where to find additional information on the rest of the drivetrain and components. Any insight, recommendations, or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I may be wrong, but I think these Terex trucks are now sold as “rockbak” or something like that. I also think Rockbak is a division of Volvo. I would try to find a Rockbak dealer and start there.
Thanks mowingman, I will call them in the morning and pursue
They all used to be ZF transmissions and axles but I haven't worked on one since the 90s.
It has a Detroit Diesel engine, a ZF transmission. Type 6WG310 ( 6 forward and 3 reverse) , and a ZF axle. If you could send me the chassis number, I can send you a parts catalog and service manual. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with maintenance or troubleshooting .
Not anymore. Volvo bought Terex and relabeled the brand Rokbak. Read in an equipment magazine that Volvo is closing down Rokbak.