Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Bobcat S175 won’t lift weight

David Nelan · 2020-01-27 12:45

Loader won’t lift weight. It will raise the bucket but stops lifting with weight in the bucket. Trouble shooting and work done so far is: *New lift cylinder seals *New relief valve (control valve) *Filters cleaned *Cleaned BIC check valve screen and new O rings *Tilt works *Auxiliary starts and stops *Foot controls are not locked *Load check valve plugs cleaned and new O rings, spring and poppet are fine NOTE: Port relief valves on the machine look to be plug style rather than full size valves. Not sure if it’s meant to look like that but online pictures show valves that are longer.

Replies6
  1. #1David Nelan2020-01-27 13:39

    Any advice would be appreciated! Should I have posted this in my status or is this the appropriate place? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

  2. #292U 34062020-01-27 15:22

    Did you test any pressures for the lift and tilt circuits? Low pressure = no lift power.

  3. #3Bls repair2020-01-27 18:24

    ^^^^^x2

  4. #4Ronsii2020-01-27 18:31

    ^^^^^x3

  5. #5David Nelan2020-01-27 19:54

    Thank you! I’ll be picking up a pressure gauge tomorrow. I’ve never tested pressure on a skid loader. Any do’s or do nots I should know? Thanks

  6. #6frg2020-01-28 13:36

    just tilt the bucket under load. lift & tilt have a same relief valve. if the bucket roll up , the pressure of pump and relief is ok. check lift cylinder for bent. try to plug each lift cylinder hose each time and check the other cylinder.