Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Case 580 Super M ,what i need to know!

Speedfill · 2011-03-30 09:45

Hi guys, i'm looking to buy my first backhoe and i found a 2003 Case 580 Super M at a really low price.The asking price's so low that it seems sucpect...The guy's asking $13200 for it and it has only 1420hrs , A/C, 4 in 1 bucket, brand new tires, extandahoe, 12" and 18" buckets. I would like to know what do you think about that and what i'd have to check or look at when i'm going to see and try it. [img=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7372/1899a7k20.th.jpg] Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1hammerman2011-03-30 11:32

    Original paint in the buckets?,1420 hours, it´s really seems good.

  2. #2Speedfill2011-03-30 11:39

    I didn't see it in person for now, but it seems too much good to be real...

  3. #3DGODGR2011-03-30 15:04

    I would be leary of it. This is too good to be true. If it's close I would go take a look. I think similar machines are asking $25-30K (US). It would be hard not to at least check it out. Just proceed with caution.

  4. #4Deon2011-03-30 19:51

    This is likely a fraudulent ad. Is there a phone number to call? Sometimes Kijiji has ads like this with no phone number and a fake address. Don't send any money or give him your credit card number. If you actually make contact with the machine and owner check out the owner carefully.

  5. #5Tinkerer2011-03-30 20:35

    If it is for real and you get to see it, make sure the serial number looks legitimate. Also it may have a finance lien against it. He may not even own it if you get the drift of what I mean.

  6. #6Speedfill2011-03-31 11:13

    Sadly ,it was a fraudulent add.I've reported the add to Kijiji admins, and i hope the guy will be busted! Phil

  7. #7ScottAR2011-03-31 19:20

    Late to the party... Pic is from an Ebay ad....Item#160563771614

  8. #8Speedfill2011-04-01 08:17

    Thanks ScottAR!I hate thoses adds,they are soooooooo dreams breakers.....LOL!