Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 genie s40 oscilating axle cylinders will extend but not retract

Cough06 ยท 2015-05-29 09:40

I need some help on this dearly, happy to be part of the forum. I have an s40 from 2003, serial s4003-7286. I'm having a problem with the oscilating axle cylinders, they will extend but not retract. Manifold pressure is reading 950psi, which is in spec. Everything seems to be there for it to work, it's got me and a couple genie techs stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Replies2
  1. #1barklee2015-05-29 14:12

    I am only assuming but i think these have a boom position sensor that activates the axle lock when the boom is above a certain angle... Have you inspected and checked this for function?

  2. #2Cough062015-05-29 17:04

    Thanks for the reply, I got it figured out though. Long story short, the rental company I work for bought the machine from an auction a few months ago, so we haven't had it in the field long enough to have the problem come up. I didn't find it until I had to flush the manifold. Seems the guys we bought it from mucked up the counterbalance valve settings. Normally I don't have to mess with those valves because they are usually set to a factory Setting. Had me dumbfounded for the past two days as to why it wouldn't level. Turns out it was a valve adjustment away from being right. No better day to get that monkey off my back than a Friday.