I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.. I have a Genie 2003 GS-3268 RT, SN GS6803-42109, and I'm having a problem where it looks like the ECU is dead. The display shows a blank screen, no codes or any sign of life. The battery, switches, breakers have power. I've tested both upper and lower e-stop switches, they are working properly. I've checked the upper control panel wiring for continuity, everything seems fine. The last time I used the machine, the display panel was displaying information but I remember it flickering or glitching out. I also remember sometime before that, the display showing Fault code 01. The unit finally crapped out so I parked it. The machine has been sitting for a few years now and I need to get it going again. The wiring looks good, the switches all seem to work, I suspect the ECU has bitten the dust. I will check to confirm power/grounds going to the ECU as best as I can figure out the wiring diagrams found online. I do have power to 2 pins of the connectors on the Emergency Stop 1 and 2 relays the center and bottom pins. There is no power going to any of the other relays/pins. Is there a way to test the ECU? Can they be repaired? Where can I find a reasonably priced replacement? Maybe I'm missing something, any help is greatly appreciated.
DL your service manual from Genie (52302). Gas or diesel? Which engine in it? CR43 should be your power to ECM relay. Check your voltages there with key on, and follow the schematic in the manual to your ECM pinouts.
Yes, I have the manual you specified, as well as a newer 2016 version. Mine has the gas/propane engine in it. I double checked the serial numbers, mine is GS6803-42109 while the manual specifies GS6805-44770, hence, my machine is older (2003) and I don't think it has an ECM relay. I did not see the ECM relay with the other relays. I will look for it today and check the pins for power and ground(s). Thanks for the response, I'll check back in later today.
Update: So went to work on the Genie today. No power to the ECM so I unplugged the top wires of the 2 e-stop (87) and stuck them in the middle pin of each relay, which had power going to them. Low and behold, the ECM display now shows an 02 ECM/Platform communication error. The other relays now have power going to the lower pin (30). Maybe the main ECM is alright after all.. Next time I will check the controller for power and ground as well as remove the board and see if I can see any corrosion or other issues. Are the controllers/boards available for these older machines (2003)? I Opened the controller, greased all the connections, including the Flat Ribbon Cable which connects the 2 boards together but nothing is happening. I rechecked the wire continuity of the cable, wires seem to be ok. Additionally, someone else had been tinkering on the unit before me and undid/repaired some wires at the limit switch. Questions: HORN wires: (back of machine) My machine has 2 green wires (one has a black stripe) going to the black round noise alarm, located next the the limit switch. I think those wires are for the horn. The wire going to the horn relay is green. Is this correct? White noise ALARM: Can someone tell me which color wires are supposed to be connected to this? Orange and red? I think maybe one or the other and a black (ground)? LIMIT switch: There are 2 wires coming out of the limit switch, black and white, which are supposed to be connected to the white (power?) and the other to what? Black? I'm pretty sure the black wires in the harness are grounds. My options are white (power), black (ground?) orange with black tracer and red. (see picture) and green (horn?) How exactly is this switch supposed to be connected and does anyone know what the other wires are for? The schematics are pretty sketchy on wire colors.. Maybe it's just me.
Pictures..
Controller board
Update: I found no power going to the controller plug, middle pin out of five. Turns out, there is a plug on the other end of the cord, in the machine, just above the hydraulic tank, which was substantially zip tied in place. One of the pins in that plug had corroded completely off. I ended up cutting the cord on both sides and bypassing that red power wire. Now the ECM is happy and I have power at the platform controller. Now the machine cranks but will not start. It's not getting fuel to the plugs. I plan to rebuild the carburetor today. I still need the following information if anyone can help: Questions: HORN wires: (back of machine) My machine has 2 green wires (one has a black stripe) going to the black round noise alarm, located next the the limit switch. I think those wires are for the horn. The wire going to the horn relay is green. Is this correct? UPDATE: The horn wires are SOLID GREEN AND BLACK (ground). The horn works now.. White noise ALARM: Can someone tell me which color wires are supposed to be connected to this? Orange and red? I think maybe one or the other and a black (ground)? LIMIT switch: There are 2 wires coming out of the limit switch, black and white, which are supposed to be connected to the white (power?) and the other to which color wire? Green w/black tracer? Orange w/black tracer or Red? The black wires in the harness there are grounds. My options are white (power), black (ground) orange with black tracer and red. (see picture) and green w/black tracer. How exactly is this switch supposed to be connected and does anyone know what the other wires are for?
Bump..