Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Kobelco sk330 travel proportional valve issue

Buddy.lee · 2025-08-30 12:40

Hi all, I’ve recently purchased this 2003 Kobelco sk330. Last code which I hope solves a few issues…is “P1 travel proportional valve D-11”. on the live diagnosis…item no.32 Comp has around 350 ma but the Meas shows around 9 ma. my first attempt was to switch both P1 and P2 plugs at the proportional valves…the error code remained so I figured the wiring to the ecu/mechanics box…located the wires and checked continuity back to the plugs. The green or ground I figured was severed so I ran another 2wire and spliced into the plugs as close as possible. Figured I had it at that point but nothing changed…checked continuity on both wires and are good…reluctant to open the proportional valve since the error remains when switched to P2 proportional valve. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1Buddy.lee2025-08-30 12:46

    Idk if affects but the serial number is YC07-U0953. I believe it started out as a sk330 because that is the tag but has been modified to a 370…some forestry option I’d expect.

  2. #2LACHAU2025-09-02 07:22

    Are you sure you are dealing with the correct PSV that is reporting an error? Error D-11 PSV-E is an error of the PSV for the independent travel function. Please don't confuse it with the E-1 fault, which is the PSV that controls the pump tilt angle.

  3. #3LACHAU2025-09-02 07:46
  4. #4Buddy.lee2025-09-02 08:40

    Thank you for your response, I was checking the two proportional valves in the bottom right corner of that picture…me bad. I’ll have a look at the one in picture now. Best way to diagnose? Remove? change with another? plug connectors have been suspect with this area (looking at getting new plugs).

  5. #5LACHAU2025-09-02 10:43

    Those 2 PSVs are located separately in another location, not on the pump. You have to search from the 2 hydraulic valves to see which PSV the hydraulic pipe leads to. You measure the resistance of 02 PSVs next to each other and compare. I predict that the PSV's coil is broken.

  6. #6Buddy.lee2025-09-07 12:12

    Sorry for delay…work and all. Yes it’s D-11 P-1 an independent travel proportional valve error code. So it is located in the bottom right corner of picture and the correct one I’ve been working on. I removed it and tested with the 24 volts and confirmed it was moving and nothing jumped out at me visually. Read 17 ohms which is within range. Live diagnosis shows Comp 350 ma and 91p whereas Meas. shows only 9 ma and 0 p. Here’s the kicker, I switched P1 and P2 wires at PSV and ran “live diagnosis” and the readings remained identical as above. To me this signals the metchatronic control box…but I need better minds to confirm before obviously going down that rabbit hole.