Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 Takeuchi TL130 Low Coolant/Low Oil Press Light

DaddyK · 2019-05-13 16:37

My 2003 Takeuchi TL130 is showing a low coolant/low oil pressure light on start and trips a master warning and shutdown after 10 seconds or so. I have no unusual noises leading me to believe the oil pressure is fine. The only wire I see on the coolant lines is a single blue wire in the lower radiator hose. Is there a way to test the sensor before I start to throw money away on a new sensor? Also I understand from research that there is a method to bypass the safety “auto shutdown” to allow me to at least get it running so I can use it. Can anyone offer some help to find the bypass wiring plug and troubleshooting the coolant sensor? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1GaryHoff2019-05-13 22:29

    Older machines had the coolant level sensor in the lower rad hose (which should be your machine) Newer machines had the coolant level sensor in the upper rad hose. The coolant level sensor and oil pressure sensor complete the ground circuit to the cluster, and tells the cluster to shut down after 10 seconds. There is no real easy way to bypass this, but it can be done. The reason is because they use combination relays, so they have 2 or 3 relay circuits in them, making bypassing them more complicated. As I remember, there is 2 bullet connector wires under the cluster, and joining them will bypass the safety shut down. ( I believe the wires are pink, but I will have to check) If that doesn't work, try unplugging the detector (H in the picture) , and testing.

  2. #2GaryHoff2019-05-13 23:05

    See attached picture, Jumper wires should be the two pink wires "emergency release"

  3. #3DaddyK2019-05-14 02:10

    Thanks for your help. Is there a way to test the coolant sensor? I have to admit I am not a very good electrical troubleshooter! If my limited skill is correct, the problem is either the sensor, the relay or the wiring between....would that be correct?

  4. #4DaddyK2019-05-14 03:35

    Is the “emergency release” jumper behind the relay panel or under the instrument cluster?

  5. #5DaddyK2019-05-16 08:44

    Any help where to find the jumper?

  6. #6heymccall2019-05-16 11:56

    On my TL150 machines, the electric fuel pump is at the bottom of the back door, and, right where that harness going to it flexes (by the lower hinge), the male and female bullet terminals are concealed by blue electrical tape.

  7. #7GaryHoff2019-05-16 22:21

    HeavyEquipmentForums

  8. #8DaddyK2019-05-20 16:39

    Thanks to everybody for your help on this. I found the jumper plugs on the back door just like you all said. Wouldn’t you know that when I closed up the door and started it up, the coolant/oil pressure light was no longer on! Oh well, still suspect the coolant sensor or the relay. Thanks!

  9. #9travieso19772024-02-13 18:50

    well is late but if you warning lights still on you have a bad relay i course after testing oil swith test cooling switch

  10. #10Victorms2025-09-08 11:15

    Is there any way to test the relay?