Hi all, just bought an old 308C and I have a couple of problems with it. One problem is, the battery light stays "on" all the time and the service meter is not turning. I know the alternator is charging as I have 28 volts on the voltmeter when touching the + on the 1st battery and the - post and the 2nd battery. I looked at the electrical schematic and I suspect the alternator plug. I tested all the fuses and are OK. I don't have the service manual yet. I ordered it from CAT but it's a 4-6 weeks delay. Can anyone tell me how I can have access to the alternator ?
I'm sure others will have opinions on your problem but in order to try offer one it would be good to have the Serial Number, then we can all look at the same electrical schematic you're looking at.
KCX00519, I am reading the same schematic you posted before (282 & up)