Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 310 SG John Deere

55 Chevy · 2023-01-05 08:49

hesitates going in forward gear, reverse seems to work fine.

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-01-05 15:24

    Transmission oil level good ?, checked with the engine running. Is the transmission a 4 speed with a floor shifter or a power shift with all the controls on the FNR at the steering column ?

  2. #255 Chevy2023-01-06 07:19

    controls are on the column FNR, oil level is good, checked while running.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-01-06 11:59

    I would suggest first checking transmission pressure in forward (port PF) and reverse (port PR) and compare the pressures and how the long it takes to rise to max pressure. Pressure spec for all clutches is 230 -275 psi. If forward clutch pressure is slow to build to max, check the solenoids and valving in the transmission control valve. Link to Deere online parts page , https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/80748/referrer/navigation/pgId/6904140

  4. #455 Chevy2023-01-06 12:52

    Thanks Dave I'll keep you informed.

  5. #555 Chevy2023-01-10 07:19

    Dave not sure were the ports are for checking the F&R pressures. Do you have a picture? Thanks Rick

  6. #6Diesel Dave2023-01-10 09:22

    I do not have a map of the transmission test ports. I’m sure someone on HEF can help out with that.

  7. #7mg23612023-01-10 12:19