Hello, I recently picked up this excavator that came with a stanley HS60 hoepac compactor but no details on how to set it up or run it. I am told it was used on this machine. I have lots of excavator time but zero hoepac operating experience. The hoepac has two hoses with male quick connects and the hoe has female quick connects on both sides of the stick along with bypass valves to switch from thumb to hoepack. The HS60 has IN and OUT ports labelled. If I simply connect left hose to left side of stick and right hose to right side of stick that would put the hyraulics routed to the cap/piston end of the thumb cylinder going into the IN port which makes sense, I think. There doesn't appear to be any sort of single direction mode switch or valve anyhere. Assuming I'm hooking this up correctly, how do you prevent someone from accidentally running it backwards buy hitting the wrong button on the joystick? I hope that makes sense. Thanks for reading!
The bypass valves in the correct position for the compactor will make the curcuit 1 way only. Machines using breakers use that setup as well. Usually with Hitachis the feed line is on the left side of the boom as you look at it from the cab.