Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 s 175 lifting problem

Jbuck11 ยท 2024-08-12 13:30

I have 2004 s 175 the left pedal (lift) is locked it won't move with bar down right pedal (tilt) works fine the weird thing is the tilt pedal will move even with bar up but the left pedal (lift) is locked the same with bar up or down I have no idea what it is I did put mew lift solenoid It's my machine any help would be great

Replies12
  1. #1ozarkag2024-08-12 22:37

    Does the little green valve light on left dash come on with bar down and operate button pressed? The problem likely effects both sides, only the tilt lock solenoid is physically broken as well

  2. #2Jbuck112024-08-20 11:01

    The green light comes on. It says None when I check codes. Only the left pedal is affected it is locked the weird thing is the right pedal works a little (moves not locked) without bar down and button pushed it only works for a few seconds but left pedal (lift) stays locked Sorry for late reply I was on vac

  3. #3ozarkag2024-08-20 19:01

    You are checking for codes after you try to unlock, correct? Reason us only active codes will show. If the right pedal unlocks for several seconds then locks I would expect a code at that time. 3 beeps would sound also. Anyway, probably points to a spool lock solenoid on the valve having failed.

  4. #4willie592024-08-20 21:19

    What he said. A Bobcat only shows codes when there's an active fault, they don't show stored codes like automotive. If you have an active fault you will hear three short beeps from the alarm. If you haven't heard those three short beeps then you'll have no codes to read. Your first post, what is the "lift solenoid" you are referring to?

  5. #5Jbuck112024-08-20 21:58

    Yes I check code right away at it says none it just seems like left pedal (lift) locked everything else works the right buttons light up no codes

  6. #6ozarkag2024-08-20 22:14

    If lift pedal is locked while tilt is not that will be the spool lock solenoids. They are wired together so most likely is soleonid itself that has failed. Spool Lock Solenoid for Skid Steer and Track Loaders, 6676029 Two spool lock solenoids are mounted onto the spool lock block for the lift and tilt spools and controls the flow of hydraulic fluid in Skid Steer and Track Loaders. Also mounted to the ACS left and right joystick channels. Fits the following Bobcat equipment: Skid Steer Loaders: 751... shop.bobcat.com

  7. #7willie592024-08-20 22:29

    You still haven't verified that you heard three short beeps from the alarm. If you aren't hearing three short beeps from the alarm then there will be no codes to read. And you didn't answer my question of what are you calling a "lift solenoid". We've all got to get on the same page about this or we gonna be chasing our tails in circles.

  8. #8Jbuck112024-08-21 17:16

    No to the three beeps no to codes..... the lift pedal never works stays locked the tilt works perfect with bar down and button pushed....I meant till works for 3 or 4 secs while bar is up and no buttons pushed when it should be locked...... I never mentioned a lift solenoid that's a different person responding but I did replace that first ......still not working

  9. #9willie592024-08-21 20:57

    If you're not hearing three beeps, don't bother checking codes, there won't be any, you'll only get codes when you hear three short beeps on a Bobcat Go back and read your first post, you mentioned a lift solenoid, that's what I wanted to clarify just what that was. My suggestion, remove the spool lock solenoid on the lift spool, it can be done without major disassembly. Once you've removed that spool lock solenoid you should be able to cycle the lift pedal both directions, machine doesn't need to be running to do that with the lock solenoid removed. If you still can't move it then there's something jamming the spool, could be debris inside the spool, could be crap inside the centering spring cap or the float detent mechanism on the back side of the spool.

  10. #10Jbuck112024-08-23 11:05

    Ok I will try that this weekend that is actually the solenoid that I replaced but I didn't check pedal when I had it out so I will give that a try....thanks

  11. #11willie592024-08-23 20:45

    Make sure you have the loader arms down fully and attachment at rest on ground before doing any repairs.

  12. #12Jbuck112024-08-23 20:48

    For sure thanks