Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 304CR CAt

Dbutler ยท 2023-08-14 00:32

Hello all, I have a 2005 304CR Mini Ex. The machine is strong on all operations except the thumb, it doesn't have enough pressure to grab and lift. I left both sides of the quick connect hoses on it and removed the retract line from the cylinder port on the cylinder. My initial thought was the cylinder was bypassing. Hydro oil comes out on both extend and retract when depressing the rocker pedal. Could this be in the pedal itself or the valve? Thanks for any insights on this!

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952023-08-17 21:04

    Welcome to the Forums DB! Glad to have you. I moved your thread from General Industry to the Compact Excavator forum where it belongs. Post up a serial number in order for the wrenches on the board to determine which variant of 304CR you have. Best of Luck!

  2. #292U 34062023-08-17 21:58

    Might just need the relief adjusted. I'd start there.

  3. #3Nige2023-08-18 11:13

    Wot CM said.......... and post a Serial Number.