The farm bought this truck this summer this fall they saw it had a problem. The marker lights trailer and cab lights didnt always work. The switch has been replaced and relays. The first day they went to use it they put a CB in it and found the CB fuse was blown they replaced the fuse and it blow. I was called to look at it and found 4 other fuse blown i replaced them all and it didnt blow any during harvest but the marker lights didnt work taillights did. I looked at it today and i blow a fuse messing around when i replased it another blow while i was putting the other in but i replaced that one and it held.I pulled the insterment cluster and replaced the marker relay with one i had cut the cover of off so i could push the contacts together the marker lights would come on. I then replaced the test relay with the new one and the lights are working. The fuse and relay diagram on the fuse panel door has the marker fuse and relay marked like some one before had a problem.
Pull the plastic left hand kick panel unbolt the fuse relay panel from it's mount and inspect the back of the relay/fuse panel for discolored/over heated wires and terminals. Common problem on Petes from 95 up.
I will do that in the morning.
My 2013 acts up in the same spot....windshield leaked back there and corrosion made things funky.
I pulled the plastic panel and took the fuse panel lose. It wasnt easy but i twisted it a 1/4 and looked at the back it was in good shape it sprayed it with cleaner and blow it dry. I went through the sorted out the fuses puting in the wright amp ones. The lights were working until i need to pull it out of the shop. I tryed the lights after i started it and they didnt work i then pulled the relay and put the test one in they came on i put the other one back in and they were still worked. I then got to thinking about the panel the relay is in. I pulled it lose and looked at the back it looked ok. I tryed pulling on the wires on the panels back the lights never flickered . I think this truck has had a problem for some time and then it was sold.
Was the relay warm?
I left them on for about half a hour and it was hard to tell it was on.
I had the truck in the shop about a week cleaned every thing took alot of stuff apart and the lights were working . But i moved it and they went out so i looked at every thing agin they came on so for a week i turned them on some every day drove it around the lot the owner came and got it has been useing it and today they didnt work. I looked at every thing pulled relays and tryed them in the wiper relay hole they worked. I then put my test relay in the one that dosent have a cover so i can push conection to get there the lights came on but it was hooked to the new grain trailer they got this harvest. Trailer tail lights and the back half on the markerlights were on but not the front half. It was 19 outside in my shop and they are hauling during the day short runs so they will bring it back some time.I replaced the trailer cord today.