Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 850J Dozer Need Help

Hill4205 ยท 2010-10-18 03:04

I am needing help with a 850J Dozer fuel system. I am deployed and the last group took out the fuel injection pump and i put in the new one. I am having trouble getting fuel to the injection lines. I have fuel going in at the fuel hose going to the primer, and fuel coming out of the hose next to it, and fuel coming back into the injection pump at the top hose. No fuel is reaching the injector lines. Ive been priming it for a while now and even tried cranking it. I am also getting power to the fuel injection pump solenoids. Im out ideas, so if anyone help it would greatly be appreciated! Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1_Rod2010-10-18 16:26

    1st - Thank you for your service. My BIL leaves tomorrow for a year in Afaghanistan. 2nd - I'm not a diesle machanic but, have you tried cracking open the fuel lines going to the injectors? Start with the ones fartherest from the Pump and crank it over. When you get fuel, close it and go to the next fartherest one. Work on down the others. Then you should be able to crank it over and start it.

  2. #2cutting edge2010-10-19 00:12

    check valves......check em.

  3. #3Hill42052010-10-19 00:25

    Yes, i did try that and that is what i am having trouble with is getting fuel to them, ive tried priming and cranking. And i appreciate your support, Thank You

  4. #4Hill42052010-10-19 00:28

    And also the check valves are good. I do appreciate the suggestions, keep them coming!

  5. #5Deeretime2010-10-19 00:55

    Is there any air comming out of the fuel filter bleeder screws or are the filters completely primed. Also try bleeding the lines at the injectors, There could be air lock there

  6. #6Hill42052010-10-19 02:20

    Ok, Deertime you actually helped on this one, went back to the drawing board around the filters, we did have fuel in the filters but no fuel or air coming out of the bleeder, and found a hidden hole that was rubbed into one of the hoses from the one of the filters to the pump. Problem Solved! Thank You

  7. #7Deeretime2010-10-21 22:35

    No thanks necessary, what u are doing over there is thanks enough . hope that dozer stays running!

  8. #8johncxr2010-10-21 23:16

    compressed air Use a air compressor and put a few pounds of air pressure in the fuel tank. That will push the diesel up to where you need it. Works in five minute flat. No more silly priming.