Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 bobcat T190, foot pedal model, won’t lift arms but allows bucket tilt.

GSully23 ยท 2017-03-24 10:53

hey guys, I'm new here and am having a problem with my 05 bobcat t190 with 2200 hours on it. 3 weeks ago I started it up, let it run and went through the motions of testing everything....and everything checked out. The unit sat for 2 weeks, went to go get ready for the snow and pulled the skid out of my garage, started it up, and the left pedal won't release, it's as if it is locked up but the tilt works fine. so I tested voltage at the spool lock relays, both were getting voltage. I tested each relay and could here them firing, but ended up replacing both just to be safe. still no luck, and even with the spool lock relay out I wasn't able to move the pedal. the linkage arm doesn't seem to be hanging up on anything, and my next step is to remove the linkage arm and see if I can push the plunger in manually. has anyone else had similar issues and can point me in the right direction? I searched the internet and everything I read said spool lock relays, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here. any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1crewchief8882017-03-24 20:25

    stuck in the float position? rusted pivot at the pedal or the center pivot on top of the chaincase?

  2. #2GSully232017-03-27 15:36

    sorry time new to this and am typing on my phone, so excuse me for any errors? not quite sure how to use the float....(is it the same as the "bucket positioning" button. really the machine is extremely well kept and lightly used. I'm hoping to have a chance today after work to dissemble the foot pedal brackets and arm to make sure it's not seized, but it would surprise me. it's garage kept, always cleaned after each use, has new spool locks and was working fine the week before when I have it my once a week run/idle time. I'm hoping the pedal or arm is locked up, and it's something not with the control manifold. although our local dealers mechanic said there are 2 springs inside the manifold ( not the spool locks) that I should pull out and see if one might have came slightly off centered.....not sure what he's talking about so I'm going to look at the schematics he printed me out. any other input is appreciated.

  3. #3crewchief8882017-03-27 18:41

    if you toe all the way fwd on the lift pedal, it will lock into that position with detent balls and springs that are located at the rear of the lift spool on the control valve. they do sometimes get stuck due to rust. you cab try removing the lift spool lock and see if the pedal will move. i it doesnt, i'd bet the spool is locked in float. you may have to kick the heel of the pedal to get it to release from float. wille has a couple threads, with pics, about replacing control valve spool seals, and the does and donts of "dealing" with the detent assembly.

  4. #4GSully232017-03-28 09:08

    is there anyway you could link me to that thread or give me the exact name of the Willie that posted it. I tried searching by member name and there was more than just a few willies. I'm really looking to get to the bottom of this

  5. #5crewchief8882017-03-28 18:01

    willie59 replacing bobcat loader control valve seals pretty sure it's in the skid steer area of the forum. i havent seen it pop up in the past several months

  6. #6Jbuck112024-08-20 16:30

    I am having the same problem did you ever figure out what it was

  7. #7Jbuck112024-08-20 17:19

    My bobcat s175 is doing something did you ever figure out what it was?