Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Cat 287b Hydraulic problem?

Catster ยท 2012-07-25 23:29

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a 2005 cat 287b sight unseen and today it was delivered. To make a long story short you can raise the boom up which works fine but if you lower it once it starts going down you can't stop it! so I slams into the ground and I am not sure what would cause this and the seller never mentioned a problem!!. The hydraulic fluid is full and besides that it seems to run ok. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I did talk to cat today and they said it could be the joystick assembly but I wanted to see what others thought before I start forking out a ton of money. Thank You, Sean

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2012-07-26 00:13

    It sounds like a valve problem to me.

  2. #2Catster2012-07-26 00:23

    Hi, so if its a valve problem what would that entail in regards to getting that fixed and price wise if you have any idea.

  3. #3Catster2012-07-26 00:26

    Sorry about the question I am new to these units and have no idea the complexity of what it takes to correct the issue or change a valve etc.