Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Hitachi 225 hydraulic relief valve?

2muchtuck · 2023-02-27 22:12

I have 2005 hitachi 225 excavator on my farm that ran and operated fine last fall but after the winter off it starts great runs for a min and then loads up and bogs down and dies. I have ruled out a fuel problem and i am leaning towards the hyd pump or hyd system problem. Is there a pressure relief in the pump or elsewhere in the system? i knowing next to nothing about the system i am guessing the pump is overpressuring the system and then dragging the motor down once it builds to much pressure? I also have hyd oil in the pump transmission which it didnt last fall. Anything i can check or do before i get the mechanic out to take a look?

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612023-02-28 05:01

    Hitachi guys will need a dash number. Also, is it a ZX?

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-02-28 10:00

    Does the machine have any auxiliary plumbing to run something like a hammer ?

  3. #32muchtuck2023-02-28 12:39

    Hitachi ZX225 usr -1 and yes it has aux plumbing for a hoepack and thumb

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-02-28 16:09

    I wonder if one side of the auxiliary is loading up caused by a joystick switch that’s closed due to cold temperatures. I know the joystick horn switches like to close by themselves in cold weather.