Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 ls170 keeps dying

Vicvento · 2024-01-13 10:41

Hey guys having a problem with a 2005 ls170 it’ll idle all the way up and down randomly it won’t start or barely idle or it’ll die out randomly while using what’s been done so far I’ve replaced all filters including inline fuel, fuel shut off solenoid and fuel pump even even tried putting straight power to the shut off solenoid and pump and it still has the same issue

Replies3
  1. #1Simon C2024-01-13 14:17

    Maybe you have an obstruction in a fuel line or elbow, Try blowing back with air from filter line to tank to see if it bubbles in tank. Will it run continuosly off of a Jerry can to fuel filter with a small hose. Could there be a return hose pinched off in dirt. Try these items before throwing money at it. Simon C

  2. #2Vicvento2024-01-14 14:45

    So I figured out it’s pulling air somewhere within water separator because if I bypass the separator runs perfect

  3. #3Simon C2024-01-14 15:42

    Diagnosis is better than a wallet of money spent and still no work! Simon C