Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Z60 Cranks no start

Donold ยท 2019-07-25 17:56

Greetings, We have a Z60 dual fuel LGR-425 that will crank and not start. Last week it came back and was put in its spot. I needed to move it and it cranked fine but no start. I have a sweet buzz from my fuel pump and no spark with my tester. I pulled flash codes and got a 1-2-3 for as long as I hold down the switch. This leads me to believe I do not have a code. A mechanic here told me he tested the unit and found no spark using a plug wire and a screw stick to ground. I found a Ford relay layout on line but is nothing like what I have. The one I found has the DSG-423 & the MSG-423 and I have the LGR-423. I pulled the plug on the crank sensor and have nothing in terms of voltage on the harness side but I was thinking the signal comes from the sensor and a fault in CPS should offer up a code. I started to pull my hair out but I only have a few left so I started a new thread.

Replies5
  1. #1Donold2019-07-29 14:31

    Went with a crank position sensor and I am not surprised that I still lack spark.

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2019-07-30 11:14

    What's the serial on the machine? Genie has all of their service manuals for that machine online: 30105 for before 1090 52856 for 1090-4000 75861 for after 4000 Should have all the wiring diagrams and diagnostics. They probably have the engine specific manual available (listed in the service manual) online as well.

  3. #3Donold2019-07-30 13:08

    55002 so I am using the 75861 but it appears to be not matching what I am seeing.

  4. #4MarshallPowerGen2019-07-30 22:48

    Got home and with a search, found that Winco Generators has the LRG-425 Service manual free for download. Hope that helps https://www.wincogen.com/wp-content/uploads/PD/Engines/ford_lrg-425_shop_manual.pdf

  5. #5Donold2019-08-01 15:23

    Thanks we put power to the ign module and it fires.