Hello, my name is Josh. I was just assigned to this 2006 copco F9 and am drilling through some really hard red stuff in Pennsylvania right now. She's got a 2550 top hammer with t51 steel and turning a 4 1/2" button bit. I noticed the steel had a lot of vectors vibration and wobble to it than normal(accumulators are freshly recharged and replaced). So I turned my settings up a bit all the way around to stabilize things a bit. I was hoping someone here could provide me with a definitive on whether or not this hammer can take this sort of beating without damaging anything. Keep in mind I would rather not risk the striking rod, but I'm also on a tight schedule and a striking rod is not a blown hammer so I'm ok with that. Specs listed below. Atlas Copco Roc 2550 top hammer High impact pressure: 210 bar Low impact pressure: 140 bar High feed: 70 bar Low feed: 40 bar(any lower and the hammer dry fires) Rotation torque: 30-50 bar Dampening: 50-55 bar Thanks for reading.
No replies yet.