Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Bobcat 337G Aux Hydraulic Button on Control Panel not working

Bobcat337G · 2020-04-27 17:52

Recently purchased a 2006 Bobcat 337G excavator with keyless control panel. It is equipped with a hydraulic thumb and push blade. Open ROPS, without Cab. Everything worked as it should and put about 60 hours on it. After every 8 hours the machine was greased, tracks cleaned, and pressure washed. Today I went to use the excavator, it started as normal, tracked to location, and upon clicking the Aux Hydraulic button it didn’t engage, light did not come on and no codes. The Aux Hydraulic button must be engaged before to toggle switch on the right handle can open or close the thumb works. It being an older machine my first thought was the relay for the control panel must be bad. I changed it out, however it did not correct the issue. The control panel that houses the aux hydraulic button is $1,000 and looking to see any other suggestions or fixes before spending that money. I’m not even sure that it will solve it.

Replies11
  1. #1darvi2020-04-27 22:04

    Did you test if you were getting power to what you were trying to use i seen u said u checked relay what about a fuse

  2. #2darvi2020-04-27 22:05

    Or try disconting battery for 10 min and test it out again

  3. #3Bobcat337G2020-04-28 21:38

    Thanks I will try disconnecting the battery and retry. I did go through the fuses in the fuse box but am trying to trace it for any inline fuses.

  4. #4darvi2020-04-29 22:13

    Or maybe a selioned or coil that send signal to valve to work the hyd system

  5. #5tool_king2020-04-29 22:48

    What is your serial number ? I can email a book on it with schematics .

  6. #6Bobcat337G2020-04-30 20:29

    Thanks for the offer serial number is 234613387.

  7. #7Mbar2020-04-30 21:13

    Go by your local bobcat dealer and see if one of the mechanics has a old control panel with a different problem you could try to see if your problem goes away. I keep one for a excavator and a skid steer on the truck. Fastest and easiest trouble shooting you can do

  8. #8tool_king2020-05-01 01:20

    Manuals sent to you.

  9. #9Bobcat337G2020-05-08 22:01

    So went through all the wiring and it’s getting power to the control panel, unfortunately everything points to an issue with the control panel, which unfortunately is $1,000 part. Not sure if it needs to be programmed or if I will lose my hours. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

  10. #10Mbar2020-05-10 07:59

    Yes it does. Your hours and options will have to be put in the new controller. Dealer should do it for free if you buy the controller. Just have to take the machine there to do it

  11. #11Bobcat337G2020-05-10 12:10

    Appreciate the advice. It’s at a farm supply dealer that I could drive to (400’) from the house. They have a really good electrician who went through it. I would think a none dealer should be able to program it, but I have that call into the closet bobcat dealer (hour away) otherwise I would have taken it there.