Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Case 721D lack of power question

Auctioneerhere · 2024-10-24 18:42

We are testing out a 2006 Case 721D, it runs smoothly, shifts decent & has 7,300 hours. We changed the transmission filter, hydraulic filters & fuel filters. Nothing looked out of the ordinary there. When going into a pile it just does not have any power, no smoke, barley brakes a tire spin. Couple things I have noticed: if you tap the brakes the buzzer comes on immediately. It also takes 8-10 revolutions before it starts, hot or cold. Any idea what to test or look for on why it lacks on power?

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632024-10-24 18:58

    I don’t have the specs you need but a full run of engine stall tests will point you in the right direction.

  2. #2Auctioneerhere2024-10-24 19:57

    Thanks, I will look into it. I have a feeling it is something to do with a non performing torque converter. I suppose time will tell.

  3. #3Auctioneerhere2024-10-25 17:34

    We tested it a bit more today & it really does not have the power to even back drag the blade. I am just going to have to get someone with the correct tools to look it over.

  4. #4Auctioneerhere2024-11-10 17:44

    Today I just used it for 2-3 hours and the light on the dash went out and it was able to back drag gravel ok. It basically has limited power going into a loose pile of gravel. It seems that just running it for 2-3 hours was helpful to it, but not a fix.

  5. #5Auctioneerhere2024-12-21 08:04

    Update: We sent the loader back to the sales outfit we got it from. They told me a few weeks later they had it fixed & it turned out to be something to do with the TPS / Throttle positioning sensor. Hopefully this helps someone in the future when they have issues.