We bought our first Genie lift (2006 GR-12) from an auction. The prior owner went out of business. We got it back to campus and it worked great. It held a charge, drove fine, went up and down smoothly. It had been sitting in a dirt lot for awhile at the auction so we decided to hose it off. After that it stopped working. It still outputs 24V but the ground display and the computer display don't show anything. There is no response when you turn it on. A voltmeter shows I am getting 24V power at AND after the switch. I bought a new computer thinking I shorted the computer with the water hose. The new computer also shows no display. I believe it is not getting any power to the computer. No computer, no error codes. Anyone have any ideas? Can anyone tell me how to test power to the computer?
Aby chance I am lucky and there is a fuse or fuseable link between the battery and the computer?
What switch are you testing 24V at? Schematic shows a 275A fuse and a 7A circuit breaker between batteries and E-stop. Genie manuals are free on their website, link below for the the relevant manual to your machine. Page 6-8 for schematic of ground controls. https://manuals.genielift.com/Parts%20And%20Service%20Manuals/data/Service/Material%20and%20Small%20Personnel%20Lifts/84700.pdf
@arachels706 - Thank you so much for researching that for me. The manual you linked to was so much better than the one I found on the Genie site. Mine appears to have been from a newer model. I had tested the fuse and it came back good. I had pushed down on the circuit breaker multiple times, but it never "Clicked" like the contacts were engaged. I ordered a new one because logically, that seems like the most probable culprit. I must say at $50 they sure are proud of that circuit breaker. Hopefully it works and I will be back to work. Thanks again for the info! If you (or anyone else) have any other thoughts, feel free to send them my way.