We have a new to us 2006 truck with 510,000 miles 450 isx cummins 10 speed trans 3.90 rears and pull grain trailer that hauls 800 bushel. It just doesn't seem to have enough power or the power it should. New fuel and air filters. It smokes black under load but just doesn't seem to have enough boost. There is no boost gauge in cab. I have seen waste gate actuators fail on 8.3 cummins in the ag industry causing low power issues but not real familiar with the isx . I know there is a waste gate control module on the left front of the engine that is electrically and air controlled. I have checked the actuators on 8.3 and 5.9 engines with a air regulator to see if the waste gate diaphragm is faulty and wondering if this could be done and how much pressure to put to waste gate diaphragm to check it. Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you
That is a EGR engine with plenty of issues. Don't shoot in the dark on it take it to a shop that has the equipment and understands those years of ISX. I am very familiar with those engines but I will not shoot in the dark trying to trouble shoot an ISX with out my hands on it. Maybe someone else here likes to gamble. Truck Shop
Gotta start with getting a laptop on it and checking the codes. Then on to fuel pressure, boost pressure, plugged boost sensor, air in the fuel... ect. Like truck shop says, probably best to get it to a shop. Not enough info to go off of.