Hi I have a 2006 John Deere 300D Haul Truck. Lately the truck has been having fuel delivery issues. Last week the truck ran great at idle and full throttle and then right when you would put it in drive and drive around for alittle the truck would shut off. I replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor and now I’m down to air in my fuel lines. I have since replaced the fuel filters and topped off the fuel tank. The truck just cranks and does not fire now. I put some diesel in the turbo and it fired up for a few seconds so it’s something with the fuel delivery. I am currently wondering if it’s the fuel injection pump or possibly something with the pick up tube? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Machine serial number? Codes, either active or stored?
Does it have the spin on fuel filter and then a plastic bowel with a paper element? If so that plastic bowel may be leaking air, seen that many times its almost impossible to find without swapping for a new bowel
If you put air to the tank with a blow gun and rag ball at about 2 PSI with someones help you may find a leak at a filter or air line. If you find one fix it and retest, dont overpressure tank or you will have a diesel bath. Its not hard to do, my wife has done for me many a times. May find nothing, need to at least rule it out. Could test unit after these tests with a jerry can to first filter incase of a problem in tank. I have blown air into the tank on a Volvo truck only to find out, no fuel came out the fuel line. Blew it back and all of a sudden full stream out the hose. Never did fix , junk was somewhere in the tank. It was okay for next 2 months till I left the place. Simon C
Please provide us a SR#. There are several serial number breaks on these trucks. Some have check valves on the fuel supply side. With an SR# we can provide more accurate info.