I have a 2006 John Deere 160 CLC with 2400 hours on it and the AC was cooling very good and would quit blowing cold air for a little bit and them start cooling again and now has stopped cooling at all, The compress is getting power to lock in the clutch when the AC is turned on but clutch does not lock in to run the compressor. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where the low pressure switch is so I can check it?
High/ low switch is on the dryer which is by the condenser. I think if your powering the clutch the electrical is fine and you have a clutch/ compressor failure. How does the compressor feel if you spin the center shaft? Remember some deere compressors have a cover over the clutch hiding the clutch.
There is no cover over the clutch on this one, I can take my hand and turn the clutch some resistance but not much and I can spin it the same with the power going to the compressor. Any other info will be appreciated.
Id say the clutch is gone. If there is power the system is trying to pump so electrical probably ok. The compressor normally doesn't have too much drag but it should have a bit. If you have an ohm meter you can check the resistance of the clutch coil. You should read open. Have a quick check of the wire to the compressor. Part number is 4469051 and you can change it without recovering the system.
Where would be the best place to buy the clutch, Called the John Deere place and they tried to tell me I could not buy the clutch by itself that it came with the compressor and it was 922.58 What brand of compressor is this clutch part # for so I can be sure it will work in my compressor?
Ill check later. If your John Deere dealer wont do business call your hittach dealer. Same part number
I still can't find the low pressure switch, I've looked at all the lines that are that you can see and don't see anything on the dryer at all. Any info is appreciated.
Jim I am mistaken on your machine it is on the lines under the cab panel. Larger machines have it on the dryer, sorry. I dont think they have a shrater valve so you will have to recover and recharge the ac system if you take it out. I still dont think you have a problem with it if your compressor is getting powered. I forgot to check out that clutch. Too much on the go, did you have a change to call your hittachi dealer?