Hello! We recently started and ambitious off grid project in North Vancouver Island, Access to mechanics are very limited. I have been trying to learn to service a little 2006 Takeuchi 153fr that I purchased to help get us through the process. I have been very happy with machine and have completed all service activates I could in the manual including changing the hydraulic oil and filter. The only issue it really seems to have is on the vertical lift function on the main boom. All other functions seem to be working fine. The vertical boom is very slow and under powered which makes it very difficult to work with. I am not sure exactly where to start with diagnosing this issue, but if anyone could point in the right direction I would be very grateful. Thank you
I am guessing that your not activating the override. Move the boom all the way to the right. On the dash on your right you will see a switch that says small large I think. Rotate it back and forth so it lands on small. That will allow you to raise the boom up along side the cab. Watch the bucket so that it doesn't hit the cab which is the purpose of the override.
Hello, Thank you for that, I tried to change it and it did allow me to raise the boom higher, but it is still slow getting there. This is a video on YouTube of the problem https://youtube.com/shorts/cQ7qbnzkPKY?feature=share , it lifts for a few feet fine, and almost hits a wall then starts going very slow from that point, the boom is far from the cab at this point. Could this still be the override?
Boom switch A is opening early. Either the switch jamb nuts have loosened, the box the switch is in has moved, or the cam plate on the boom has moved. Make sure all switches look to be in same adjustment (their jamb nuts) first. Do not adjust them individually unless A is significantly different. The entire box is to be moved as next step, once you've ensured that plate on the boom with cams is still there.
Adjusting Boom switch A solved the problem! Thank you so much, feels like a "new" machine. We owe you a beer Thanks again
Thank you for this. Found a broken wire inside the boom switch. All working. So appreciated thank you.