Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 Takeuchi TL150 blowing the 30 amp “arm float/lever lock/auxiliary” fuse. All hydraulics stop

Buddy.lee · 2023-07-04 09:22

Tested proximity switch and is good but bypassed anyways…haven’t put a tester at the fuse yet but is fine at one point then surges electrical power when start using hydraulics and blows…if it was a short it would be constant you would think but it changes. Read about a “lever lock solenoid“ but have no idea where it is. Switched two same relays but this caused just more confusion…fiddled around with wire harness but see nothing. I need actual pics of items to aide not electrical schematics.

Replies15
  1. #1Buddy.lee2023-07-08 16:06

    Tried disconnecting the alternator and seeing if it fixes the issue (thinking maybe the regulator is spiking or something ). Nope…does the same thing…blows the 30 amp fuse.

  2. #2heymccall2023-07-08 16:25

    Test resistance of lever lock solenoid. If you choose to remove it, know not to lose the pin within. Tilt up cab...under LH joystick.

  3. #3heymccall2023-07-08 16:37

    Schematic

  4. #4Buddy.lee2023-07-09 12:23

    I didn’t realize you had more input…so I tested these solenoids. But appears they’re not the ones. I’ll go look again.

  5. #5Buddy.lee2023-07-09 13:11

    From the drawing it looks like this manifold gizmo…I’m guessing the solenoid on the right held with small Allen key bolts? And what ohms should I see or not see? Thanks so much for your time. Electrical wires disappear into joystick clump so want to be certain because I’ll cut the wires to test?

  6. #6heymccall2023-07-09 13:39

    This one. Don't cut wires. Unplug and verify that it isn't shorted.

  7. #7Buddy.lee2023-07-09 16:57

    Ok didn’t cut wires…found 12 ohms on solenoid.

  8. #8Buddy.lee2023-07-09 19:07

    Back to running fine again…usually lasts about 3-4 hours of runtime before starting to blow fuse again. So annoying…at least got close to shop to give it a bath from the dusty conditions.

  9. #9Buddy.lee2023-07-10 19:16

    Ran 1/2 hour and blew fuse…tested solenoid and was at 13 ohms. After awhile began to operate again…frustrating

  10. #10heymccall2023-07-10 19:35

    See if 1way switch for auxiliaries is depressed. If depressed, cycle it off. That's the only other coil on that fuse, and it only gets power if green light is on.

  11. #11Buddy.lee2023-07-10 19:58

    Just looked…switch is up…on 2 way.

  12. #12heymccall2023-07-10 21:27

    I've got you checking the pilot enable solenoid. I was wrong. You need to check the lever lock solenoid. Instructions below.

  13. #13Buddy.lee2023-07-10 23:36

    Ty for this…I’ll do some more diagnostic on weekend.

  14. #14Daniel Fennig2024-05-12 15:57

    I am having the same trouble on my tl140, have replaced the proportional computer and all the relays, what ohms should the lever lock solinoud test and did you get yours fixed?

  15. #15Atwood.fence2025-06-16 11:41

    having the same issue with a TL130. will blow fuse as soon as you turn the ignition switch on. does not blow it all the time. was blowing it everytime one day and waited a few days and it worked fine for a little while. i have replaced all of the relays. i have also unplugged both solenoids and still blows fuse.