Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 TL150 4TNV106T-XTBL

Superdave58 · 2024-08-16 07:17

Hi everyone, New to the form and read one thread with similar issues with my TL. Bought it used. Hard to start when cold. Would require a lot of cranking with charger on 60amp to eventually get it to start. Always restarted when warmed up, has a little smoke when running but ran great and has good power. Currently I haven't been able to get it started so I dug into it a bit. Pulled injectors to check for clogs, adjusted valves, they were all very loose. Before I re-installed the lines to the injectors I hit the starter to see if fuel would come out and it didn't. Fuel is getting to the injector pump and returning to the tank but not to the injectors. I put a vacuum on one of the lines and turned it over and didn't get any fuel. I can hear and feel the fuel shut off switch being activated but how do I know if it is actually doing it's job? Could I find anything by removing the top of the pump? Appreciate any help and direction. Thank you, David

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2024-08-27 21:21

    Issues I've had... Clogged tank outlet elbow. Clogged separator inlet elbow on door. Cold solder joints on the two triple relays. Failed fuel solenoid pull coil. Failed fuel solenoid hold coil.

  2. #2Superdave582024-10-25 17:35

    Found some time to get back to this machine. I now have fuel spurting out of the injector. Please watch video and let me know if you now if it is enough fuel coming out. I’ve received two different answers from local shops.

  3. #3Superdave582024-10-25 17:41

    Looks like you need an instagram account to watch. Not sure what the best way is to post video. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you,

  4. #4Superdave582024-11-09 19:36

    Update on my progress. I removed the injectors and reconnected them to the lines. Once bleed they all sprayed very well. I now know everything on the fuel side is good. I checked cranking compression and had 250,275, and two at 300. Can someone let me know if that is low for this machine. Thank you,

  5. #5heymccall2024-11-11 09:14

    2.75mpa is 400psi.