Hello everyone, The oil pan gasket on my truck (Dodge Ram 2007.5 6.7L Cummins) is leaking. Not bad yet but it does make a small mess... I was quoted 5 hours of labour to change it, does that sound right? It doesn't look like too big a job to do, but then again I've never done one so I don't know what's all involved... Has anyone done this before and how much fun is it? Thanks!
Is it a 4x4?
Yes it is, and it has a manual transmission too if that makes any difference...
Check the bolt torque first, and then see if its just leakin around a particular bolt. I had a 5.9 that was leaking around 2 bolts. Removed the bolts, cleand the area good with brakleen added some GOOD silicone sealer under the bolt heads and havent had a drip since.
I never thought of that... I'll do that! It does appear to be leaking from just one spot... Thanks! On edit does anybody know what the actual torque is supposed to be for these things?