Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Case 440ct – Opinions – the good, the bad and the ugly.

Georgia Iron ยท 2014-10-26 19:49

I am thinking of adding a low hour tracked machine to my fleet. I really wanted a takeuchi tl140 or tl10 or even a tl150 or 12. I want an enclosed cab machine with ac. Not sure about hi flow. Today, I went and tested out a 440ct. It drove just like my 75xt. I knew when I got in it that I was in trouble. Can somebody talk me out of this, re steer me or confirm my thoughts. My 75xt does the work I need it to but now I am looking for a nice backup. Not sure if this would be better in the skid steer forum? I think we need a spot just for ctls.

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2014-10-26 22:29

    From a functional aspect, the 440CT is compact, and very powerful. The AC performance is not as good as it should have been in my view. Keep the final drive oil fresh. My guess is that after a doing a couple dirt jobs with the CTL you will park the 75XT for everything except truck loading and projects on improved surfaces. They are so much more capable it is initially hard to believe (at least it was for me).