Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Cat 247B What Do I Need To Know?

cbarnett ยท 2013-11-04 00:28

I've been around heavy equipment my whole life but never spent anytime around track skids. I'm looking into this 2007 247B with 1650 Hours in the low 20K price range. The seller said he just replaced some bearings on the right track. Said he's owned it for 2 years and only put about 100 hours on it around his small hobby farm. So with all that said I'm wondering what I need to know about these machines? We have a CAT 236 that has been wonderful since 2001 so I'm very inclined to staying with cat machines. Also the tracked machine is needed for slopes on road jobs, help on tree clearing, silt fence and some light snow plowing. Thank you in advance for your guy's input. Chris

Replies3
  1. #1powerjoke2013-11-04 00:45

    Check the u/c very carefully, look at the rollers mainly, I have also had several nock bearings out of the rollers and they get pretty expensive, they made an aluminum roller upgrade for them but have only seen one set and it's on one of my old machines and I have no idea where the prev owner got them. Post up a couple pics Also run the serial number through machinerytrader auction results if it's sold within the last couple years at auction it'll tell ya what they paid for it I'm not real sure that 20k is a good price to be completely honest but I don't want to price another guys equipment I attached a screenshot of avg prices, if his is above avg condition it'll be on the upper end or below..... You get the idea, but basically what I'm saying is that it's no steal and you can find another one if you see something you don't like on it. Pj

  2. #2cbarnett2013-11-04 00:53

    Thanks for the post. Ive been waiting for a RB Auction but am impatient as hell lol. I'll just have to take my time. I also want AC, this one doesnt have that haha

  3. #3powerjoke2013-11-04 01:20

    Oh damn...... Take your time, 247 is a radius lift machine and won't have the cap as a verticle. A/c and hyd coupler are pretty important to me I wouldn't buy one without either of the 2 options in my opinion Pj