Looking at purchasing a 2007 287b Im not very familiar with this machine so what's the pros and cons? I'm either purchasing this unit or a 257b2 2007.
My 02, go with a metal undercarriage machine. Way less upkeep costs
Depends on what you are going to do with it. I have a 287, original, not "B" and I love it mostly. The U/C is expensive, but what you can do with it is amazing. I have nearly 4,000 hrs on mine and it has had very few problems. I work it in all kinds of conditions, and it performs well. It does require care for the track system, cleaning, tensioning, etc, but I would buy another one. Actually I may go for a "C" model next with the dual level U/C, to get a smoother ride as I carry a lot with it and carry a lot with forks as well. If you need low ground pressure and good stability, it will do you good, and the lifting performance outdoes the spec sheet ratings by a fair amount. I can pick and load nearly 7,000 lbs with mine Good luck with whatever you get.