Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 Century dash is dead

terex herder ยท 2021-04-12 15:08

Went to start my 2007 Century day cab this morning and the dash is dead. No life at all in the gages. The engine started normally. I didn't find a fuse labeled for dash, but all the fuses were good. Any ideas where to look or things to check?

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2021-04-12 16:20

    I believe instrument cluster is operated through a SAM module.

  2. #2terex herder2021-04-12 21:53

    I find reference to the location of the SAM module on the cascadia, but nothing on the Century. I looked around on the Century, but didn't find anything that looked like the pictures for the Cascadia. I took the dash apart, and all the gages are daisy chained from the digital readout in the upper center of the dash. I'm guessing either the power supply is dead, or the digital display is dead.

  3. #3Truck Shop2021-04-13 07:35

    Multiplex wiring.

  4. #4terex herder2021-04-16 20:09

    The digital display was bad. Freightliner calls it a light bar. New was $600, $75 to a junkyard got me one that worked. Truck jumped from 450K to 1,420K, shows 9 active faults, but gages work now.