Hello all, I have a fuel fuel problem I think.? 1) strat up machine 2) machine idles fine 3) throttle up and sometimes it starts running rough as hell and somtimes it runs fine When it starts running rough I shut it down and let it set for a minute and restart. It sometimes clears whatever the problem is. I have changed fuel fliters multipul times since this problem has appeared, no luck The filter on the motor is usually clean but the primary is pretty nasty. My question is it the tank is contaminated or is the fuel pump wasted? Is it an injector or two injectors etc, is there trash in line before injector pump? Is the timing off on injector?( that's a mouthful) 4045 engine Anybody that can help troubleshoot me through this would be very appreciated Thanks in advance, David
Youre going to need a deere tech to come out and check it for codes....9 times out of 10 this condition os caused by a failing injection pump or ratty wiring in the control circuit for the pump. if you need more info,PM me.
If the primary filter is nasty, then your fuel tank is contaminated. Drain it and shop vac the crud out of it. Maybe pressure wash it and vac it out again.
David, have you drained the water from the tank? Petcock under the RH side. Ours will act that way sometimes if we don't drain the water every day. We also buy some algicide from Oreilly's and it seems to clean up "gunky" tanks pretty well. Sometimes draining them is the only way to get it all out though.
David, I ran into this issue with my 160clc before, I was able to address it with new main connectors at the fuel pump. You may want to start the machine and move the connector around to see if it addresses the issue and if so replace the plug.