Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 John deere 444j axle flush

bccat ยท 2016-11-16 00:06

We just bought a John deere 444J, Both axles haven,t had the oils changed for a long time, oil samples were bad, got it at good price, So I want to flush both diffs, what is the best way to flush these, and what to use, It call s for Hy Guard fluid, could I use diesel? Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1br14742016-12-03 21:45

    I wouldn't put diesel fuel in it. Just pull the screen out, that is the bottom fitting about 1 1/4 wrench and clean it. Then refill with proper oil. If the brakes or you hear noise after a day or so still then you may need to change out the brake pads. Though those are internal to the axle.

  2. #2bccat2016-12-04 14:46

    Thank you for the info, What we did was changed oil (HY Guard) then ran it for a week, changed oil then will do a oil sample test in 6 months, Ken