Hello all members- had a quick question and was hoping someone might be able to shed some wisdom, Cranked up the excavator the other day and the check engine light came on. I immediately shut down the excavator. Checked the anti freeze level, it was good, checked the engine oil level, it was good.Cranked up the excavator again and the light came on and within 5 seconds the engine light went off. I let the excavator idle at 1/4 throttle for about 5 minutes and shut it down. Checked all the fluids again, they seem to be fine. 3 hours later i went to start the excavator again and the problem started again as described above. If anybody can help with this one I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance, David
Have you tryed operating the machine and see if it works normal and if the light comes on after it warms up? All the lights turn on right when you turn the power on and than go away after a few seconds right? Than do you start the machine and the light comes back and stay on for a few seconds and go's away? Is this the first time it's happen or you've notiest it? To me it's sounds normal the way you described it. More info is needed tho.
JDfan, thanks for your reply, I haven't run it up to operating temp after the light went off. I understand the lights come on when ignition key is turned over then they go out. This engine light came on after the initial ignition check. I have a big demo job tomorrow, I will see how it runs. I'm thinking its an oil level sensor or coolant level sensor (best case) I don't want to start thinking worst case yet. Thanks JDfan, will update tomorrow
Doesnt that machine have a diagnostic display? I want to say behind the cab or in the rad area. You should be able to read the code there. It will give you a number. Post the active code(s)
Nope, they put the display on the 200 and up machines. Always thought it was dumb.
Thats right you have to flash them. Wish they did though. What I really wish was if they put those diagnostic displays like they put on the new forestry swing machines like the 2154Ds. Saved two trips so many times