Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2007 volvo l70f wheel loader ecu network reduced communication

taylor.albright · 2024-06-07 22:55

I just bought this wheel loader and it's giving me a ecu network reduced communication error can someone help me out on this. The code is sid 216-9, also none of the switches on the post work. Or the diff lock. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1sfrs42024-06-12 04:02

    It's a can bus 1 issue....... and off I walk chuntering about stupid technological advances. So it could be as simple as a plug in one of the ecu's just requires a little contact cleaner and reinserting, or it could be a short in the wiring loom, or it could be one of the termination resistors has failed ( but they're inside the ecu) or it could be shorted to ground, or it could be a failed ecu. Fault mode FMI 9 Detection conditions: The instrument control unit (I-ECU) registers: that bus communication is missing with V-ECU on CAN1/J1939 Symptom: ○ Central warning Possible causes: ○ Open circuit ○ Short circuit to frame ground ○ Leads in control link short-circuited to each other ○ Short circuit to voltage

  2. #2Eulb2025-11-13 14:56

    I’ve the same fault code,but it’s the cab fan not powering up,if I gave the ecu behind the seat a tap and cycled the key it would come on but now it’s given up completely. Any ideas where to look?

  3. #3sfrs42025-11-14 03:32

    Hi Eulb, you have as much information as I do, unfortunately once you get into the mystic arts of CanBus systems I give up and walk away, and some snotty nosed, wet behind the ears teen, will come and swap parts out till it's fixed at your expense

  4. #4Eulb2025-11-14 05:27

    The air con ecu is circa £500 so I’m reluctant to buy a new one if it won’t solve the problem. They aren’t the most popular of machines so borrowing an ecu isn’t easy because I don’t know anyone who owns one.

  5. #5sfrs42025-11-14 11:13

    the problem with swapping out an ECU is if it wasn't the problem, but gets a shorted out because of the problem, you then bolt a new one in and it blow's that one as well.... it becomes a vicious expensive circle.