Hello I have a 2008 case 420ct series 3, I have only had it for a few months and have noticed that it’s lacking on power. When I am tracking I loose power if I raise my bucket or tilt the bucket. If I stop moving the engine builds Rpms and I get my power back. Also it’s very noticeable tracking up a hill in low speed or high speed I loose power. Any ideas?
Have you changed both fuel filters. There is the regular spin on one and the little inline one. Is it blowing lots of black sooty smoke? Air filter might be plugged causing this. How many hours on this unit? There was some problems with some of the injection pumps when they first came out. The dealer replaced ours in the first few hundred hours.
Yes I have changed both filters, no smoking, well minimum smoke. 1500 hrs
Then my thoughts would be either you have an injection pump/lift pump issue or perhaps a turbo problem.
Great thanks for the information
Well it wasn’t that lift pump. What fuel pressure should this have at a idle and running wide open
Any chance you have lost some turbo pressure? KSSS mentioned it. I know that when we first got our 420 back in 2008 the injection pump started to act up with only a few hundred hours on it. Case guys put in a new one under warranty.
It’s possible, I pulled the the cold side of the turbo, everything looked fine and no play. The injection pump I am trying to leave as last possible resort.
Does anyone know what pressure I should have for fuel?
Any good advice on testing turbo or injection pump?
Ended up being the injection pump