Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 C-15 Engine brake/oil pressure

mrtheavyhaul ยท 2013-04-29 11:07

2008 C-15 600 hp week jake at 175+ degrees oil temp since July 2012. CAT replaced all three actuators, and a fourth. Pressure tested actuators hot and cold, claimed it was ok. Checked all connections, by passed wire harnesses, ran it with different ecm, visibly watched for excess oil in top end. Oil doesn't seem to hold viscosity very long, change it every 10k. Recently pressure has dropped to 25-30 at warm idle, 55 down the road at 1600 rpm. I got Peoria involved around October. Got the standard phone call about how they were gonna get on it and fix it. They contacted the local cat peddler and were told that I had been the nicest guy through all this and they'd all work together and fix things. Riiiight. I have recently learned of a few other guys with what seems to be the same exact problem, w/same motor. Different Cat dealers. Nobody can offer a solution. Cat dealer even told me that SDP stands for "Sure is a Disappointing Product". Even though it is true, what a thing for a CAT rep to say to the customer. Now on the increasingly more rare occassion that I bother to call them, they change the subject when I mention the oil pressure and jake. I've also been told of a class action lawsuit against cat for these sub par engines. Thoughts, info? I told them they should take all the SDP's to the boat show and have an anchor sale.

Replies0

No replies yet.