Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 case 580 SMII military backhoe loader power shift module

domorguy · 2024-05-17 11:11

Good Morning all! Does any one have recommendations on where to send this Powershift transmission control module to for repair? I believe it is water Damaged. Case has it on back order Or know if a replacement for sale. Have been dead in the water without it for 2 years now. Thank you!

Replies29
  1. #1nova4812024-05-17 19:34

    Hi and welcome That's not a bad price on the Case website CASE CONSTRUCTION - ECU - 87589406 Part # 87589406 $8,268.00

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2024-05-17 20:18

    Do a web search and see what comes up

  3. #3domorguy2024-05-19 09:55

    Thanks but It’s on back order Not available. Seems like a ridiculous price even if it was in stock. Has been on back order for over 2 years now. Any one know of a source to send it for repair??

  4. #4domorguy2024-05-19 09:56

    I have been for 2 years, just shows up as backordered and haven’t been able to find a place to send it.

  5. #5nova4812024-05-19 10:49

    That's what I meant, the price is ridiculous. You could buy a pretty good whole entire used backhoe for that price.

  6. #6Tinkerer2024-05-19 11:48
  7. #7Joe H2024-05-28 22:24

    This hoe still dead ? Joe H

  8. #8domorguy2024-08-17 17:38

    Yes I’m still looking for a control module or repair place that can fix it. Hoping to get some projects done with it before snow.

  9. #9domorguy2024-08-17 17:39

    It’s a different part number not compatible. Do you know of any repair place by chance? Thank you.

  10. #10Tinkerer2024-08-18 09:20

    CNH is now showing that it is discontinued. A salvage yard may be your only chance of ever getting your tractor moving again.

  11. #11nova4812024-08-18 10:31

    Do you think a place like this or other similar places could repair your module? G7 Computers Ship your vehicle computer here to be repaired and returned to you, fast. www.g7computers.com

  12. #12rangair942024-08-19 01:20

    I looks like it's made by Spicer. You might be able to find out something from them as far as a replacement controller. Without actually having hands on the part I am assuming this eeprom with all the code stored on it for your particular model. You may be able to find a good controller from a different model and swap it into it. I searched for case powershift control module and found this https://www.brokentractor.com/p/case-powershift-transmission-controller-new-336551a1-336551a1/

  13. #13domorguy2024-08-24 14:48

    Thank you for your time and help. I had previously looked at that and called them about mine. It has a different pin out where it connects to the backhoe harness and will not work. I’ve emailed a couple spicer off Highway dealers and waiting to hear back. Thank you again .

  14. #14Joe H2024-10-16 16:08

    Any joy yet? Or have you burned it ? Joe H

  15. #15Toolslinger2024-10-17 06:54

    Lack of support on a machine that young is a crime... There's a lot to be said about simple old school, non-electronic machines.

  16. #16Tinkerer2024-10-17 07:25

    here ya go !

  17. #17domorguy2024-10-24 15:17

    Thank you but this is not the right part. The part needed is the transmission powershift module CNH # 87589406. I sent it to an industrial repair place called D&D instruments in Minneapolis but it is still not working after receiving it back.

  18. #18domorguy2024-10-24 15:19

    Sent the module to an instrument repair place but it still doesn’t work.

  19. #19domorguy2024-10-24 15:23

    Sent the module to an instrument repair place but still no go.

  20. #20Mobiltech2025-01-17 08:20

    I’m not a case guy but is there a way with some switches and relays to power it so that it moves in at least one gear so you can use it. You haven’t got much to lose by trying. If it was a cat I could tell you which solenoids to energize and what voltage needed.

  21. #21Nipmuck2025-01-20 10:42

    Did you ever think about testing the board on an other machine to ensure that it is the board? Finding another machine of the same model with an owner willing to let you test your board on his machine may be difficult.... I'm just throwing an idea at you.

  22. #22NH575E2025-01-20 19:06

    I see this is a semi old thread but my advice would be to ask for assistance on the Steel Soldiers Forum. They have folks dealing with any kind of military surplus equipment you can think of.

  23. #23domorguy2025-02-22 01:28

    It is the transmission powershift module because I have removed one from the same model machine that everything works on to test. I wish it was just a relay. Thank you for the thought!

  24. #24domorguy2025-02-22 01:29

    It is the transmission powershift module because I have removed one from the same model machine that everything works on to test. I will try over there on steel soldiers thank you for the idea!!

  25. #25domorguy2025-02-22 01:31

    It is the transmission powershift module because I have removed one from the same model machine that everything works on to test. I wish it was just a relay. Thank you for the idea! Still hoping to get it repaired or replaced.

  26. #26Joe H2025-02-22 01:38

    Give up, convert it to stick shift. Joe H

  27. #27JunkKingmke2025-11-14 13:06

    I just got an entire case of this part number. Are you still looking for this? Call my cell, 414 five one seven 7909

  28. #28Tinkerer2025-11-15 09:05

    domorguy hasn't logged into HEF since April 30th. Send him a message in a private conversation and HEF will send an email notification to him that you are trying to contact him. How many of those modules do you have ?

  29. #29Dodica332026-03-13 00:21

    Вітаю! Я у пошуках такого!Hello! I’m looking for this module: APC73-12 CHN (P/N 87589406). If anyone has one for sale or knows where I can buy it, please let me know. Thank you!