Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 d5k final drive

ngimlen61 ยท 2023-11-06 00:08

Anybody have any parts breakdowns or schematics for a d5k final drive tear down? I just bought this machine and the final drive is already in pieces. Planetarys will need new gears but this is my first time ever messing with one. Just want to see if I'm missing anything and how to get it back together correctly. Thanks for any help!

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2023-11-06 04:17

    Post a Serial Number and you are welcome to both parts & assembly instructions.

  2. #2ngimlen612023-11-06 08:23

    Thank you sir! WWW00557.

  3. #3Nige2023-11-06 08:46

    See attached. If you need anything else just ask. A few comments: - 1. If you have never installed Duo-Cone seals before you need to do some reading up on them. Installation is not difficult even without the specialised installation tools (although they make it a LOT easier) but you have to follow a few basics, one of which is NO LUBRICANT. Click this LINK for a good write-up on how these seals work and how to install them correctly. 2. Caterpillar Sealant 8C-8422 is no longer available since Cat got out of the sealant/adhesive business. Loctite 5127 "Hi-Flex Form-in-Place Gasket" is the replacement.

  4. #4ngimlen612023-11-06 08:53

    Thank you very much for that! I will look through all my parts today and see what's missing. I appreciate all the info and help. I have some reading to do!